TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
Research Associate, ref. #17-06
This is a 75-80% of full-time position (30-34 hours a week) for 18 months with the Dynamic Mathematics for English Language Learners (DMELL) project. The goal of the project is to investigate the use of dynamic mathematics education software with middle school English Learners (ELs) and analyze students’ talk, gestures, and participation in Common Core State Standards mathematical practices.
- Establishing strong working relationships with administrators, teachers, and school staff.
- Recruiting student participants in the Boston area.
- Facilitating mathematics activities with pairs of 7th and 8th grade students.
- Assisting with technical support of technology-based activities and video recording.
- Processing video data, using FinalCut Pro and other software.
- Coding video data using qualitative data analysis software.
- Preparing and conducting presentations on the findings of the project.
The work of the project will take place within a highly collaborative team. The successful candidate is expected to take a significant role in a wide range of tasks, to be highly self-motivated, and to work well both collaboratively and independently.
Required Qualifications include:
- Experience in classrooms in any grade from 6-10.
- Comfort with middle school mathematics.
- Comfort with office and educational software and willingness to learn new software.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish.
- Master’s degree in Education, Psychology, or a related discipline OR three to five years of experience in educational research.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative analysis of data.
Salary commensurate with experience and training. Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to TERC by email to: DMELL_RA_position@terc.edu. No phone calls please.