TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
#17-01 Accounts Payable Specialist
TERC is a 100+ person academically oriented nonprofit organization, founded in 1965, centered around improving K-12 math and science education. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits including health and 403(b) retirement plans, a healthy work/life balance, exposure to a variety of technologies, and opportunities for professional development. For more information visit TERC's web site at: www.terc.edu.
- Prepare A/P invoices and employee expense reimbursements for data entry; obtain approvals and supporting documentation, match invoices to purchase orders.
- Code A/P invoices into accounting software. Set up new vendors.
- Research A/P invoices, identify any discrepancies.
- Generate A/P checks weekly.
- Filing, copying and scanning.
- Other duties assigned by accounting team.
- Minimum of high school degree plus 2 -3 years of experience in accounts payable. Full-cycle accounts payable experience is a plus.
- Use of accounting software to a proficient level. Experience in nonprofit organization and with Deltek Costpoint software is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use common office computer applications (e.g. email, Excel and Word) to an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and process a large volume of A/P vouchers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Ability to work in a collaborative decision making environment.
Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to