TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff team that reflects the diverse communities we serve, and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
TERC currently has the following job openings:
#17-02 IT Intern
TERC is a 100+ person academically-oriented not-for-profit organization centered around improving K-12 math and science education. Located in Cambridge in a historic factory building between Porter & Davis Squares, TERC has a great work environment with a casual dress code. We are tech heavy for our size and use current technology. We are offering an opportunity to intern at our Help Desk.
The Help Desk Intern’s main duty will be to assist with our annual computer upgrade. This will involve upgrading the software, and possibly hardware, of every computer user in the organization. Attention to detail and the ability to follow detailed instructions is required. In addition, the following are general Help Desk duties that the intern may participate in:
- Performing general maintenance on laptop computers, desktop computers, and printers
- Provide customer support via phone and email as well as in person
- Identifying, researching and resolving technical problems
- Maintaining a variety of audio-visual tools
- Knowledge of Macintosh OS X
- Good customer service skills – must be comfortable working with users at all levels of competency
- Strong problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work independently and proactively
- Experience with Microsoft Office or Office365
- Experience with A/V equipment
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders and work in small spaces during installations and upgrades.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by email to IT_Intern_2017@terc.edu. Please do not call. Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
#17-03 Accounts Payable Specialist
The successful candidate will be part of a 5-person Finance Department and will be responsible for all Accounts Payable activities. The position is full time.
- Prepare A/P invoices and employee expense reimbursements for data entry; obtain approvals and supporting documentation, match invoices to purchase orders.
- Code A/P invoices into accounting software. Set up new vendors.
- Research A/P invoices, identify any discrepancies.
- Generate A/P checks weekly.
- Filing, copying and scanning.
- Other duties assigned by accounting team.
- Minimum of high school degree plus 2 -3 years of experience in accounts payable. Full-cycle accounts payable experience is a plus.
- Use of accounting software to a proficient level. Experience in nonprofit organization and with Deltek Costpoint software is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use common office computer applications (e.g. email, Excel and Word) to an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and process a large volume of A/P vouchers.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Ability to work in a collaborative decision making environment.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter of interest to:
email@example.com. No phone calls please.