Investigations in Number, Data and Space®
Arusha Hollister was a senior author on Investigations 3, writing units for grades 3-5, and is now writing online professional development for the 3rd edition. When she joined TERC in 2003, she worked with Susan Jo Russell on the 2nd edition data units. She went on to author a number of different 2nd edition units, at a variety of grade levels. While working on the 2nd edition, Arusha also developed Investigations Unit Workshops for the Boston Public Schools and led professional development for teacher leaders, to enable them to lead workshops for their colleagues. After the publication of the 2nd edition she developed in-person and online professional development for the Investigations Workshops project. Arusha also wrote several chapters of Judy Storeygard’s book, My Kids Can. These chapters are viewing guides for the accompanying DVD cases, which are focused on supporting students who are struggling with mathematics. Before working at TERC, Arusha was an elementary school classroom teacher in New York City and Boston, and a math coach in the Boston Public Schools.
- The Investigations Center for Curriculum and Professional Development
This group’s work focuses on providing professional development and other support to schools and districts looking to use Investigations to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics for all students and teachers.
- Investigations in Number, Data, and Space®
Investigations is a comprehensive K-5 mathematics curriculum that pays deep and careful attention to mathematics content and to student thinking and understanding. Making sense of mathematics is the heart of the work, for students and teachers.
- Investigations Workshops
This project focused on the development and implementation of professional development workshops and courses to support teachers learning to use the Investigations Curriculum.
- Investigations Unit Workshops
This was a joint project between TERC and Boston Public Schools, focused on developing workshops to orient classroom teachers to each unit in the Investigations curriculum. The work involved writing the workshops and supporting teacher leaders who facilitated them.
- TERC. Investigations in Number, Data, and Space®, 3rd ed. Glenview, IL: Pearson, 2017.
- Contributor to: Storeygard, J. (Ed.). (2009). My Kids Can: Making math accessible to all learners, K–5. Portsmouth, N.H.: Heinemann, Inc.
- Russell, Susan Jo, Economopoulos, Karen, Wittenberg, Lucy, et al. (2008). Investigations in Number, Data, and Space®. A complete K-5 mathematics curriculum. Second edition. Glenview, IL: Pearson Scott Foresman.