Program/Areas of Interest
Mixed methods research
STEM education in under represented populations
- Evaluating the Developing Mathematical Ideas (DMI) Professional Development Program
- High-Adventure Science (HAS)
- Implementing the Mathematical Practice Standards (IMPS)
- Indiana Science Initiative (ISI)
- Innovators Developing Accessible Tools for Astronomy (IDATA)
- The Impact of a Teacher-Led Early Algebra Intervention on Children's Algebra-Readiness for Middle School
Mr. Santiago Gasca works on a range of SEEC research and evaluation projects. As a former residential counselor for teens and young adults, Santi is especially interested in character development and resilience, particularly pertaining to youth STEM educational engagement and the re-engagement of students who leave school. Santi also serves as a member of TERC’s Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Outside of TERC, Santi works as an emergency medical technician and CPR instructor. Originally from California, he enjoys exploring the Boston area, hiking with his dog, and playing soccer and softball.
M.A. in Child and Human Development, Tufts University