At TERC we create programs, approaches, and curricula that encourage all learners everywhere to embrace their inner scientist, technologist, engineer, artist, and mathematician. Join us on National STEAM Day to start cultivating the world’s next great minds. Below are some fun STEAM activities you can enjoy with the children in your lives.
- Download the game Quantum Spectre by EdGE at TERC and have fun solving laser puzzles while developing a deeper intuition about the behavior of light. This scientifically accurate game has players use mirrors, lenses, and more to direct laser beams to colored targets. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/quantum-spectre-for-ipad/id685988481?mt=8
- Read your toddler or preschooler Clean Up, Up, Up! It’s a playful story that finds math in everyday activities and models engaging conversations between parent and child using spatial-relations math words like up and down. Available in English and Spanish. https://starbrightbooks.com/index.php?id_product=654&controller=product
- Learn some of your favorite Earth Science terms in American Sign Language and Signed English with the Signing Earth Science Dictionary. https://signsci.terc.edu/SESD.htm
- Visit the website, Windows on Earth, to view a huge archive of amazing photos taken by astronauts onboard the International Space Station that will teach your kids all about our fascinating planet. Use the Windows on Earth Educator Guide to enrich your experience with these images. http://spacestationexplorers.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Amazing-Earth-Educator-Guide.pdf For some extra fun, see how many locations you can identify in photos posted on the Twitter page @WinEarthPhotos. https://www.windowsonearth.org/
- Be virtually transported to national parks across the country with PARKTRACKS. This innovative audio experiences will help you tap into the trends of tranquility and mindfulness while listening to the natural sounds of our National Parks. https://findyourpark.com/news/parktracks